Buy & Book Online

Hi, you are logged in as , if you are not , please click here
You are shopping as , if this is not your email, please click here

Administration & Records

Widening Access Training Scheme: Refunds for NHS Trust Workers

If you attended an NHS Widening Access Training Course you may be able to claim a refund for Income Tax and National Insurance contributions. If you believe you are eligible, you are advised to speak to the Trust you were employed by at the time of attending your course.   They will need to submit a claim to HMRC on your behalf.

If your Trust no longer exists then you will need to contact HMRC directly. A list of information to help your claim is available on the HMRC website, for which a link has been provided below.

HMRC Widening Access Training Scheme Refund

The University may be able to provide information regarding course start / end dates and confirmation that you completed your course.   This can be done in the form of a Confirmation of Studies letter, for which you will need to pay a fee of £10.

Transcript and Confirmation of Studies Requests

Unfortunately, we do not hold full academic records for older studies, particularly those prior to 2003. We therefore advise you contact [email protected] BEFORE making the payment - to ensure the requested information is available. 

Please note, we are unable to provide information on the following:

  • The name of your NHS Trust or NHS Board that employed you
  • Confirmation the NHS Trust no longer exists
  • Evidence of the amount you were paid by NHS Trust while you attended the course.